Friday, November 14, 2008

Hell hath frozen...


No, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. I was greeted by this sign on my way to work today. $1.99 for a gallon of gas!! Who woulda thought it could happen?

I remember, 6 months ago, filling up my car for $48. I fill up my tank now and it's $22. I think I'll take my savings and go invest it. Then I thought, "is it wise to invest when the economy is in the crapper. I've already lost a bunch with my 401k". So I did what any responsible person would do, I stopped at this convenience store and spent my savings on a 32 ounce Dr. Pepper and a donut.

Mmmm...savings never tasted so good.

4 comments:

Jenna Marie said...

WHAT? DID YOU ACTUALLY BLOG SOMETHING?? I AM IN SHOCK! :) I totally agree, I saw that same thing on my way to work yesterday, I was so excited! I dont think it is under $2.50 in Delta yet. sure would suck to live there ;) Just Kidden!!

Tiffy Ann said...

AMEN!

Anonymous said...

So now I have it in writing; you believe it is perfectly responsible for a person to purchase a 32 oz soda when he/she saves money on gas? Right? Right?

Zaissa said...

183!!!!!!

:)